Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ultimate Nachos

The best restaurant style nachos are, in my opinion, made by the Porcupine Grill. I inhale them every time I order them. Well, I decided I wanted to recreate them for myself at home and I think I discovered the secret: cilantro and lime juice. These two ingredients always seem to make food better. I've already made these nachos twice this week and I'll probably make them again soon. They are easy and delicious.


Tortilla chips
Cheddar Jack cheese (lots of it!)
Cilantro, chopped
Green onions, chopped
Black olives, chopped
Limes, quartered
Salsa

I layer these ingredients a couple times on the tortilla chips on a pan. Place in oven until cheese is melted (watch closely, it happens fast!). Then serve yourself up a plate and squeeze some fresh lime juice over the nachos, dip in salsa, take a bite, and let the burst of flavor roll over your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment